wild thing

this weekend, because we are mature, sophisticated adults, Brandon and I went to the Prospect Park Zoo. I can't resist a couple hours of cute fuzzy creatures and a walk in the sunshine. and bonus, the zoo is near the library, where one can go to get amazing chocolate chess pie. so it was a good afternoon, even for fakesies grown-ups!

zoo_1
zoo_6
zoo_7 zoo_8 zoo_10 zoo_12 zoo_11 zoo_9 zoo_13

the sea lions are always so awesome; I love when they do the feedings and there's tricks and jumps and they just seem so excited. it's adorable. 

I went obvious with my zoo outfit. nothing says "wild kingdom" like leopard print, right? this dress is so comfortable and easy to throw on, but I think the accessories really complete the look. the floppy hat is a statement piece, but in a neutral works with a bold print, and I like the pairing of leopard with the polka dot bag. makes things a little less serious. and even though the cassette-tape necklace gets lost in the leopard spots, it's still a cute little detail; I guess there's kind of an 80s vibe too? 
getting dressed is so much easier when your destination inspires a theme!  

zoo_2 zoo_3 zoo_5 zoo_4
dress- H&M // hat- Primark // bag- Marc by Marc Jacobs (old birthday gift) //necklace- Twisted Sisters

4 comments:

Cait said...

Love the chic safari look! You look like you should have an upper class British accent and be chronicling adventures in the amazon.

Kelly Del Valle said...

Looks like fun! Perfect zoo outfit, too. :)

By the way I guess I should let you know that I put your button up on my blog! I just finished making my own button swap area, and it looked so sad and lonely I put up a couple of my favs.

Unknown said...

This outfit is so darling! I love a good themed post - the hat makes the outfit! :)
xoxo, Lindsey Dish
thebeltedpear.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

The zoo is fun at any age! I haven't been in years but I've been meaning to head out to ours. I love that you wore leopard print to the zoo. That dress is super cute on you!

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com