just a little bit

time for an update!

first off, I'm still tired. but that just seems like my normal state of being so I'm not blaming Iceland (or Prague, now).

second, the reason this update took so long is because it's been a very dramatic couple of days (or, for those of you who know me well, melodramatic- obviously). I won't go into detail, but it involved me very nearly having to buy a new camera and also falling off a bus. the second thing wasn't related, it  was just embarrassing and really hurt.

another reason is, well, I've been having fun. and struggling to write and post on a blog while using crappy internet is not on the top of my list of authentic cultural experiences. but there are many things being noted and much being learned, so there is more to come!

for now, I thought I'd share a little taste of my Iceland photos and jot notes of other memorable things!

IMG_4904
Gullfoss (+ rainbow!) on the Golden Circle.


IMG_4899
...& the canyon view


IMG_4877
Geysir, the O-Geothermal spout. 


IMG_4864
skadoosh!


IMG_4959
me, all pensive and relaxed at the Blue Lagoon.


IMG_5053
strangers at the Lagoon enjoying a waterfall massage.


IMG_4929
scenery at Þingvellir. 


IMG_5110 Hallgrimskirkja church in Reykjavik.



other notable experiences include:
- some kind of rye bread that was soaked in sugar and is basically food for the gods
- meeting and barhopping with three random Canadian travelers
- the Blue Lagoon legit makes your skin feel like magic
- buying an adorable and overpriced pink wool hat because I somehow didn't expect a place with "ice" in the name to be as cold
- there's a penis museum

more details to come, but for now it's back to enjoying Prague!
peace out, mortals. 

No comments: