the beginning

hello there, blogger universe. nice to meet you.
I'm Sarah, and I'm a new blogger. :o)

well, sort of. I used to be obsessed with my livejournal in high school and was thinking about resurrecting it, but I thought blogspot was the way of the future. plus, I couldn't remember how to work lj.

I got the idea in my head to start a fashion blog (as ridiculously dorky as that sounds) not because I think I know more about fashion or have better style than most people, but because I'm addicted to shopping and clothes in general and I'm running out of money. so I thought the best way to quell my addiction was to start writing about clothes I have or like or want and that way I can still pay rent.

I thought that made the blog name appropriate; it's my favourite chilli peppers lyric, and it kind of applies to the theme since I have a sea of clothing in my room. har har, aren't I clever.

but I'm not just going to blather on about clothes on this thing. it'll probably just be me rambling about whatever thoughts are zipping around in my head that particular day and then posting a pic of what I'm wearing while I contemplate, haha. everyone likes to hear (or read) themselves talk at some point.

so, I guess this is day one! yay. I should probably start with some general information, like how I just moved to Halifax with my boyfriend (hi Brandon!) and I'm a journalism student at university of king's college. I want to be a writer. I'm really lame, so my inspirations are Carrie Bradshaw, the kid from Almost Famous, and Miranda Priestly from The Devil Wears Prada. I want to work for vogue or the rolling stone. dream big, right? some might say that's shallow journalism, but hey, write what you like.

style icons? Rachel Bilson (also a shameless OC fan), Zooey Dechanel, Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep. I'll never be as hot as any of them though.

what else... oh, I'm an english major, so if you can't tell already, I tend to be a bit wordy. it also makes me a bit of an artsy-fartsy. at least, I try to be. I'm not as indie as I'd like, but I have friends who are, haha.

I think that's enough for day one.
here's me today!

it's rainy here today, because Halifax only has bad weather on the weekends. it's sunday, so I'm wearing church-appropriate garb. the jacket is from primark, the dress from modcloth, and the shoes are joe fresh from dominion. I went to starbucks later and the coffee girl said she liked my dress :o), so I think it's a decent outfit.
...hopefully I'll get better at the fashion blogging as I get further along.


that's it!
here's to a new week, and a new hobby.
cheers.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I like your dress, too.
Good luck with your fashion adventures.

Laura said...

haha when you first wrote on my blog I wasn't sure who you were! But I'm happy to see that you're joining the blogging world! :)

I also like your dress.

AND it makes me laugh that you're still an OC fan! I went through a second OC phase myself just a couple months ago!

:)