under the blacklight, out in the garden

do you ever get into slumps where you're just totally dissatisfied with most of the things in your closet? lately I've been sort of feeling that way; I can never seem to find the right things to pair together. there's always something missing- a colour of shoes that would go perfect with this dress, or a top to go with a certain skirt, or the jacket to go with that outfit. it's weird, cause I have too much stuff already.

maybe I need to get rid of things I don't love anymore and get more versatile pieces.

anyway, since graduation brings the necessary monetary graduation gifts, I've given in to my shopping itch just a tad. my favourite thing I got is this simple H&M dress. it's so comfy! and I love the way it fits and feels and can be a top or a dress or a skirt. some might think it accents certain flaws (tummy, hips... ermmm.) but I feel really good about how I look in it. :o)








dress- H&M
head band- Postlapsaria
flats- Primark
bag- gift fr. mom, Spring

I wore my new dress for a trip to the public gardens to spend the afternoon basking in the sunshine. Brando and I sat on the grass and talked and watched the babies run around with their daddies. it's so great that we're finally starting to get nice weather! 
and how perfect is my head band for a day in a garden? the lovely Keiko Lynn sent this along with the shirt I bought from her and I think it's adorable. it's a very great colour for mixing-and-matching. I felt very springtime chic!

tonight we're going to see the new Sex and the City movie, and I'm soooo excited. I spent all morning trying to decide what to wear. it's very important to wear the right outfit to a SATC event, as I'm sure you all know. I decided on something sparkly. I'll try to get some photos! 

but for now I think I'll go on a cupcake hunt. yes, cupcakes. last night I had a dream that I was in this amazing cupcake bakery that had the most amazing assortment of yummy treats that I've been craving one all day. and I know just the place to get one with a cookie dough center and buttercream frosting. mmm!

happy hump day!

playing: Hallelujah- Rufus Wainwright 

6 comments:

Kara said...

perfect outfit for a day in the sun!
love the dress and headband and especially your confidence! way to rock an outfit!! :)

Anonymous said...

You look A.DOR.A.BLE!!

Unknown said...

I doesn't accentuate your flaws at all, if anything it makes you look 1950s-curvy-perfect! x

Elizabeth said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog! I love the headband

and I can't wait to see SATC2!

-Elizabeth
Style and the City

LAPT said...

I am currently LOVING the ruched/puff sleeves!! I bought a cute flowered shirt from H&M with the same type of sleeves. Keep rockin' that dress!

Unknown said...

Love that headband! You look cute. :)