a hard day's night

man, the weather is not cooperating with my blogging plans!

yesterday the wind messed with my 'do, and today it was raining too hard for outdoor pictures. and so you get a glimpse into my little, still-not-unpacked apartment and my cluttered bookshelf.








cardigan- Ruche
pants- American Apparel
gold shirt- AA
belt- AA
knee highs- we love colors
shoes- Seychelles fr. Solestruck

...can you tell I was also dressing for work?
I think the 40s presented a good way to meld dressing for AA and my blog! I always planned on wearing high-waisted pants (very 40s) and wedges (a la Allie fr. The Notebook). of course cardigans came on the scene in a big way in the 1940s, and a cute collared shirt pulled the look together. 

I even tried a doing the pin-curl waves, but it turned out a little more like crimping... at least I got the plum lipstick! apparently it was popular in the late 40s. 

and no, I did not wear these shoes to work. I still have it made it to heels-on-an-8-hour-shift status. 

now if you'll excuse me, I'm exhausted and going to bed. I got home an hour and a half ago and I have to get up for work again in seven hours. I hate when they do that. 

night!







2 comments:

Lyndsee said...

I don't usually comment, but I really love this outfit. Those pants look so good on you, I want to go out and buy them for myself. You totally deserve commission at AA for getting people to shop there after reading your blog!

Kassondra DeBoer said...

Very cute and sophisticated outfit. you look amazing!