true colours

so I'm pretty excited about the idea of getting a kitty.
I don't even know if I'm getting one yet, but now that it's come up I'm a little obsessed with the idea.
how did it come up, you ask?

well, Brandon and I have a little mouse friend who joins us in our apartment from time to time. it was very rarely that he was spotted, but in the last couple days he's become very...friendly, shall we say. I was watching tv on the couch and looked up, and there he was- sitting next to me on the blanket. I saw him a total of five more times that day, and he is less and less afraid of me! you know how mice usually stick to corners and move along walls? well this little guy is perfectly comfortable scurrying about the open kitchen, crawling onto furniture and generally scaring the crap out of me.

I don't really want to kill him, but this is two apartments in a row with mice issues, so I thought a kitty might chase them away.

but for now, I must escape the clutches of this brazen mouse by leaving my apartment to stroll about town with my tripod in hand, stopping for hot chocolate and park poses along the way.

and that's exactly what I did!










romper- Modcloth
cardigan- H&M
tights- American Apparel
booties- Aldo
necklace- gift fr. my sister

this is my first ever romper, and I have to say; I love it! I think it is so darn cute, and I got a lot of compliments on it! I love the pattern, the colour, the buttons up the front- and that it actually fits me. of course it's a little difficult to pull over my slightly bulbous hips, but that seems only logical since I'm trying to fit the waist of something over my thighs. 

it also might be a little scandalous in the back for bare legs, but I don't have to worry about that right now. now I just love it. 

I also found one little coloured leaf on my wanderings. autumn has been slow to come to St. John's this year. so far we're getting all of the nippy weather and none of the fall colours! I think Bannerman park will be even prettier once the leaves change and start to fall. 

and now I'm off to wander the city again to escape our little rodent visitor. 
oh, and happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving!

playing- Bloodbuzz Ohio- the National











4 comments:

Helena said...

I'm liking the colours x :)

Evie said...

Girl, I am lovin' that romper and how they match the shoes. I love how they are muted colors and then you add a sha-bam of warm and cool bright colors (Purple and yellow).
Work itt!

Laura said...

Awww, can you lure the mouse with a piece of cheese and put him outside? I feel like maybe he's trying to be your friend, haha.

You look pretty, as usual! Love the colours!

Kassondra DeBoer said...

I think a kitty would be a good solution for your mouse friend...He may not kill it, just scare it away.

You're outfit is real pretty, I LOVE rompers, and this one is no exception.