remember spring swaps snow for leaves

I find it very surprising that spring seems to be arriving in Aberdeen already. there are sweet little flowers poking their heads out everywhere. they add some cheery warmth to the otherwise colourless days. no daffodils yet, but I can see them about to bloom!

I'm fully prepared for the next few months to be cold and wintery again, but for now I'll enjoy the pretty flowers and the pleasantly mild weather.


Brandon and I found several of these little flower patches in the park yesterday. it's was fairly warm out, so I didn't even look ridiculous without my jacket on! we strolled around for a bit and took some photos (obviously...), but as we wandered off it started to get chilly again. good things can only last so long, I guess, especially weather. 

dress- gift (fr. h&m) // cardigan + tights- aa // boots- gift // earrings- gift // belt- primark

I know this has nothing to do with anything, but... have you guys seen I'm Elmo and I Know It? it's probably the funniest thing I've ever seen. it never fails to cheer me up. KIDS LOOK AT THESE CRAYONS. 

another thing that never fails to put a smile on my face; holiday planning! my best pal is coming all the way from Canada in may and we're going to do some travel together. I'm pretty broke right now, but easyjet was having a seat sale and flights were much cheaper than anticipated, so I get a nice little two-week vacation around Europe! I'm beyond excited. we're going to Paris, Berlin, Rome, and Athens. two new country stamps on my passport. :)

I can't even type about it without wanting to run to a bookstore and buy hundreds of travel guides. 

I tell ya, spring might be my season. 
(yeah, I say that every season...whut up.)

with love & wanderlust, 
Sarah 

playing: winter winds- mumford & sons

7 comments:

amberly said...

KIDS LOOK AT THESE CRAYONS!

My nephews just showed me that this weekend!! So good! I love the color of your dress with your tights!! Enjoy the warmth when you can <33 spring, bring, it on!

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

wow so pretty! I love all those flowers in the grass, perfect photography :)

Veronika Novotny said...

Aw your outfits are always so beautiful! And I love how you styled this one, the orange tights are such a lovely choice... as are your lace up boots! Love!! And wow, it's looking so spring & pretty over there! xo

Rachel The Hat said...

this is dress is stunning and i so love it with the orange tights! Your photos are beautiful! Love the blog, now following :)
Rachel

Sarah K. said...

thank you!! <3

Hattitude said...

Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

thats awesome! have so much fun travelling around for two weeks! where is your friend from in canada? i'm staying inv ancouver for 4 months.

i loooove this outfit! i love the orange tights with it and the little bow belt :)

talk soon wild child
-Hattie
Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

Sarah K. said...

thanks! she's from Calgary, but lives in Newfoundland where I'm from.