taking steps is easy, standing still is hard

I've been getting really comfortable with melancholy; I think I need to get out of the house and into this June sunshine before it turns into July face-melting heat. 

I'm trying to be stingy with money right now, so I usually keep to myself in the apartment to avoid temptation until Brandon comes home. being cooped up has this effect on me where I become moody and restless, but too lazy to leave the house and break the cycle. trying to find a purpose in life is hard. it's so much more tempting to stay home, binge watch netflix, immerse yourself in nothing at all. these hot afternoons I'll take any excuse to not get dressed and go out in public.
but some days, I give myself a kick in the butt to brush my hair, pull on a dress, and do something productive... like go see How To Train Your Dragon 2 and indulge in Williamsburg diner food. :)

dress- Olive & Oak fr. Century 21 // wedges- Jeffrey Campbell via Modcloth // bag & mood ring- gifts // sunglasses- Claire's

all I believe in is a dream
I haunt the earth though I am fully seen
in all my years I've never felt more sure than now
well, I got to get off this rock somehow

I feel so homesick
where's my home
where I belong,
where I was born?
I was told to go
where the wind would blow
and it blows away - away

well my eyes are full of stars
but I just can't reach 'em... oh, how high they are
I got to believe what I'm seeing - maybe it could come true
but in a modern world that can be so hard to do

- Alabama Shakes, Rise to The Sun

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about just wanting to be holed up in the house and away from the heat. I always feel better after getting out and actually doing something though. Anyway, you look very pretty in this floral dress and I love the mix of your blue shoes with the teal bag. So cute!

petitepanoply.com