everything is awesome

well, the 2015 blogging year is off to a great start, isn't it?!

where does the time go? even as I type this, I'm sitting in a slowly darkening room, tired and frazzled, wondering if they've started secretly reducing the number of hours in a day and I am the only one who's noticed. 
who "they" would be, I have no idea. the time police? the government? alien overlords? probably the government.

but I think perhaps it's just that I am spectacularly bad at time management and value naps above human interaction. 
(human interaction- who needs it! I have a cat who supports my laziness and sleeps on or near me at all times. she loves me unconditionally! I don't need you, real world!) 

greenpolka_1
greenpolka_2
greenpolka_3
dress- gift, Modcloth // cardigan- H&M // boots- gift, Chelsea Crew via Modcloth // tights- American Apparel

in all honesty though, the real world is what has been keeping me from the interweb. January thus far has been a hectic and lovely mix of babysitting, bakeries, beers, books, trip-planning, movie-watching, and Friends. 
the tv show, not the real thing. because now all ten seasons are on Netflix so my real friends have been expecting me to become a recluse. 

amidst all that I often wear clothes such as the ones pictured, a fact I somehow imagine you would be interested in. so enjoy these gratuitous pictures of me- "gpoms," if you will- and feel free to use my life as a template of how to live mediocrely. 

greenpolka_4
greenpolka_5
greenpolka_6

...just kidding, my life's kind of awesome.


disclaimer: if I seem especially disjointed, sassy, or ridiculous in this post, I blame Mindy Kaling, whose book I've finally gotten around to reading, and whose humour and affability I've obviously, subconsciously and very poorly, attempted to emulate here. my soul is pining to be more like Mindy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel you. Where does the time go? This month is already flying by and it's scary. So much to do and so little time.

I think you look super cute here. The mix of color is wonderful and your polka dot dress is super cute.

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

ModernVintageStyle said...

There's nothing mediocre about this outfit - what a stunning colour combination to waken up dreary January days (although as I write the rain and grey skies of an hour ago have given way to bright blue London skies). Happy New Year - and looking forward to more lovely outfits and more tales of exploring NYC! Kx

Unknown said...

Love that jump shot!

I've recently started watching the Mindy Project on Netflix and wondering why the heck it took me so long to give it a shot. Hilarious! She is amazing and I want to read her book so badly, if I ever happen to find it in this non-English speaking country...