you've got a friend in pennsylvania

7-5-12 1

Greetings from PA!

It's Kyla from Blue Collar Catwalk popping in while Sarah is off gallivanting in amazing places with amazing people!

7-5-12 3

I think we're officially in the dog days of summer, and the temperatures were hot hot hot this week, which leaves be wanting to wear the drapiest, airiest pieces I can find.  Incidentally, this makes for two extra wide-leg pants posts in a row for you guys!  Palazzos for the win!

I've gotten lots of questions on wearing such a bold cut when you're short and/or curvy.  Here's a few tips to pulling it off:
1. Highlight your waist: I am both short and curvy, so highlighting my waist is a must if I don't want to look like I'm being eaten by pretty pants.

2. Remember proportions:  My legs are on the shorter side, so I prefer wide-leg pants to be a slighter higher rise, so that my legs look longer than they may actually be.  Same for the top - I try to go with a slightly shorter cut to balance things out.

3.  Find balance with shapes:  I prefer a more slim-fitting top with these pants, though a floaty version like this worked because it's a short cut.

4.  CONFIDENCE! Hold your head high and love what you're wearing.  That's really all anyone is going to notice anyway!

7-5-12 4

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent tips. At 5'3, I have always dreaded the idea of wearing pants that could consume you, but now I think I am going to get a pair (or 2).

Sam said...

These look good on you Kyla. Unfortunately anyone with any sort of tummy (ME!) probably couldn't pull this off. :/

Unknown said...

awesome!!