it's beginning to look a lot like...

today was wonderfully exhausting.

Brando and I had a day-about-town doing some Christmas shopping and getting prepared to decorate our wee apartment. I also dragged him to a couple of thrift stores, but they weren't all that thrifty and I wasn't in the mood to spend $30 on something for myself...not even silver sequinned heels or a red polka dot shirt dress.

but we did get a wreath for our door, lights for our windows, and wrapping for our presents!







I saw a feature in last months Vogue on plaid and florals, and I've been meaning to try it- I love how it worked out, and how the colours in the shirt match the ones in the dress.


dress- forever 21
shirt- bluenotes
tights- ardene
shoes- spring
earrings- gift from my dad

we also went to see Everybody's Fine, because I thought it would suit the Christmasy theme...but it wasn't really about Christmas. stupid misleading commercials. but I actually still really liked it. it was sooo sweet, and I never thought I'd say this, but Robert DeNiro is so cute. I adored his character. it was odd though, it definitely wasn't a comedy, but it wasn't exactly a drama either...it was kind of just a story.  odd, but somehow believable.

anyways, if you want to see a family Christmas movie to get you in the holiday spirit, this is not it, but I did suggest it to my mom cause it will make her cry. she enjoys stuff like that.

it's pretty late, so I'm gonna stop now. another busy day tomorrow, working on some stuff for the paper and church and putting up the decorations. a girl needs her beauty sleep!

I hope you had a beautiful saturday.
and I hope that "snow" we had forecasted actually turns from rain to snow at some point...hmm.

playing: Swimming Pool- the Submarines

6 comments:

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

I really love your mixing of prints! The dress is fab!

And I totally agree about "Everybody's fine"! We were expecting a funny, family Christmas movie and didn't get it, but still really loved it. I also loved his character! I totally cried, haha!

Love, Selective Potential

Kristin said...

Hooray for Christmas shopping! I totally know what you mean about not wanting to spend money on yourself right now....I always feel that way after spending tons on Christmas presents!

Blackbird Fly said...

The plaid and floral look ADORABLE!

Crystal Card said...

LOOOOVE blues and purples.. and LOOOVE plaid.. I'm not a huge fan of florals for myself, you you look awesome in it!

GFS said...

You are great with pattern mixing!

Cookie said...

That floraldress looks so hot on you!
It realy puts an accent on your sexy legs!
Good choice!
xx