hear the sigh of the trees

I can't believe thursday's practically over already!

I'm so looking forward to this weekend. I had four back-to-back radio stories this week, and it was kind of stressful. more than usual, I mean. so next week I finally bit the bullet and asked to be a show producer, just so I can finally have a day where I don't have to be a reporter!

I have a very busy day tomorrow, but if I manage my time well it should go smoothly. and then I'll treat myself by...cooking mac and cheese or something. I really don't have any plans more than that, haha. I really want to see Youth In Revolt... but I don't think it's in my budget cause I bought a t-shirt at the concert last  night. :oS

anyway, I'm kind of rambling because I feel like I should have something to talk about. but I don't. so here's some clothes. :o)




dress- fr. korea, gift
hair band- tie from a shirt
leggings- seduction
boots- primark

went a little girlier today after yesterday's t-shirt look. I originally wanted to wear this dress with wine tights and black shoes, but I decided I would try the simple route for once. I opted for black leggings and off-white boots to go with the colour of the polka dots. I wanted a head band to wear, and I wanted to add a little more colour or pattern. I thought this tie from the shirt I wore last week had some complimentary colours, so I just grabbed that!

I also wore pretty gold eye shadow, but you can't really see that here.

so lately I've been thinking a lot about fashion inspiration- what with me mimicking three different people in tuesday's outfit and seeing all the other blogger's style tributes. a while back I read Kristin's post about the adorable Jenny Lewis, and it reminded me of another gorgeous and talented red head- Alison Sudol. she goes by A Fine Frenzy in the music world, and not only do I love her poetic tunes and amazing voice, she happens to have killer style.

soooooo I thought I'd post a few lovely photos of her that I grabbed off google and tell you all to look up her songs "Whisper" and "Electric Twist" and "Rangers" cause you'll love them.






ain't she cute??
she has such a whimsical, vintage aura about her. like she's from another time, or some mystical place where time stands still. I just always imagine her living in the Secret Garden and forever surrounded by mist and fruit trees, haha.
(yes, I know there were no fruit trees in the Secret Garden.)
if you listen to her music, you'll understand. she is definitely a beautiful time travelling poet. love. <3

...also, can someone please, PLEASE explain to me how you get your horizontal photos to line up with your vertical ones? it says that all those are the same width in pixels, but obviously they are not the same width in bloggerland. I'm am computer illiterate, help me!

I'd be eternally grateful.

playing: Rangers- A Fine Frenzy



5 comments:

Name said...

im sorry im no help with the photos, but i do love your hair!!

Kristin said...

ohhh man! I have never heard of her before, but I love her already! I am definitely going to look into her music; I am sure I will love it!

Her hair is incredible!

Oh, I was catching up on your posts, and I loved reading more about your interviews and your journalism program! So interesting! I have always wished I would have either gone into fashion or journalism!

Sara said...

I found your blog and I am following :)

You have such a cute style!! I love that dress, very pretty. I was reading your last post and Tegan and Sara are coming by me next month and I want to go so bad!! :)

Jen Hsieh said...

you look absolutely perfect in that dress! i love the way you opted for the black tights and the white boots. :)
and i adore a fine frenzy. she's the most adorable person in the world with such a unique style. rangers is one of my favorites of hers along with almost lover :)

Audrey Allure said...

cute outfit, i really like the boots.

love your blog! :)
- Audrey Allure <3
http://audreyallure.blogspot.com