hometown glory

...and then it was October!
yeesh, autumn, where are ya going in such a hurry?

while the weather lately has been erratic at best, I've really been appreciating the beauty of our fair city. I think St. John's has kind of a rugged, old-world charm to it.
Signal Hill has always been one of my favourite places for that reason. not only is it wild and pretty in its own right, but it offers a million-dollar view of downtown.

dress- monsoon // hat- vintage // boots- modcloth

I'm trying to squeeze a couple more uses out of my summer wardrobe pieces before it gets too ridiculous. for example, this hot pink sun hat; I bought it at a thrift shop in Montreal and didn't get to wear it nearly as much as I'd liked. so I worked it into this autumn outfit! 

this dress is pretty summery as well (it has an open back) but paired with these perfectly matched booties I think it transitions nicely into the cooler weather. 

speaking of these boots- they are probably my new most favourite boots ever! they are so comfortable and look even better in person. I want to get them in every colour. if you're contemplating buying them from Modcloth, just go for it!
treat yo'self!!

I'm going to browse the shoe section again right now...
happy hump day! 
lolz.

playing: savior- red hot chilli peppers



1 comment:

Unknown said...

The boots are freaking awesome. We need to head up to signal hill again before it gets to cold out.