all for you

lately I've been re-discovering my passion for Etsy, and my near-daily browsing had lead to some serious wardrobe envy.

I have two qualms with vintage dress shopping; the first is that it has gotten unreasonably expensive. when I first started buying vintage, I remember most dresses were around $40-$60. I thought that was fair; pay about $50 for a regular, new dress, or $60 for a more unique one. now most vintage frocks cost closer to $100+. I get that they're kind of "in" now, and that they're like forty years old... but then, they're like forty years old

anyway, the second issue I have is that most of the dresses are made for women of a much more svelte figure. the further you get from a 25-inch waist, the fewer options you have. whenever my eyes drift over an exquisite example of classic fashion design, I instantly prepare myself for heartache, since most likely it would only fit me as a sleeve alone. 

but my loss is your gain! (well, technically my gain is your gain, if you get my meaning...)
because I've curated for you a dream closet of Etsy finds that will have you looking vintage fabulous through all seasons. I can't fit into most of these pictures of sartorial perfection, but maybe you can! (skinny bitches...)






....and if you aren't absolutely in love with that last dress yet, look at it up close!
now that's a Christmas dress if I e'er did see one.

so go. shop. enjoy your small waists and slender build. be the envy of all your friends. 
oh, and if you buy one of these, let me know! and send me a pic. 
not to be creepy or anything, just 'cause I think that would be fun. I've developed a sort of relationship with these unattainable dresses, and it would be nice to know they went to a good home. 


No comments: