a love that keeps me waiting

now that I've posted about a million wedding pictures I guess it's back to our regularly-scheduled blogging!

everyday outfits seem kind of lacklustre after professional pictures of yourself in a wedding gown, but hey, I'll do what I can.

I do, in fact, have these photos from Glasgow that I've been saving for a rainy day.. which can be taken quite literally, since getting new outfit photos is not a happy experience in the rain. and rain it did, today, along with hail and wind and even random confusing sunshine. I spent most of the day curled up in our apartment doing travel research and drinking copious amounts of coffee. it was glorious.

skirt- h&m // shirt- topshop // blazer- american apparel // scarf- modcloth // camera bag- jo totes (gift) 

there's something about bright aqua-blue that makes me feel pretty. I think it's become my pick-me-up colour. I don't have a favourite colour, but if I did this blue would definitely be in the top three. 

so naturally, when I saw this skirt for £12 last month my head instantly filled with images of the thousands of cheerful aqua ensembles it would inspire. 
this is the first of those thousands. :)

these photos are reminding me of how much fun Glasgow was, and getting me even more exciting to be travelling again at the end of the month! travel posts are so much fun. I love having something to post here other than outfit pictures from the same three or four places in dreary Aberdeen. 
(can't you tell how sad I am to be leaving?)

speaking of travel posts, I'm going to be away for about 17 days, so it would be great to have a little extra content around here! if anyone is interested in doing a guest post, send me an email and we can brainstorm! it would be lovely to have a change, and a little help. planning almost three weeks of posts in advance could be kinda stressful otherwise...

until next time, lovelies! enjoy your weekend. 
love love.

playing: lonely boy- the black keys

4 comments:

Kate said...

You're right! That aqua skirt is a great pick-me-up! I love your outfit, it is darling and flattering and the head scarf is the perfect touch. Now if only I could pull something this cute off...you've inspired me!

Hattitude said...

Hattitude Style Blog

gosh i love this turquoise skirt. i just ordered a vintage bike my friend is re modelling for me in turquoise and red. gorgeous.

talk soon wild child
-Hattie
Hattitude Style Blog

Ally said...

Love the skirt, very adorable!

Suze said...

I love this look!