plan your escape

so in case I haven't mentioned it enough times already, I'm going on a little trip next week.
"yeah yeah, Sarah, we know."
right.

I'm starting the somewhat stressful process of packing, and right now I'm in the first stage; meaning packing in my mind as opposed to real life. I'm going for a fairly long time with very limited luggage space, and also hitting four different countries, so packing is going to be a challenge.
well, challenge accepted.

I've come up with what I think is a well-rounded and versatile travelling wardrobe, and even made a similar one to share with you! here are some ideas that might help you when packing for a long holiday on luggage restrictions.

obviously I did not include accessories or essentials (as in pyjamas or underwear), but here are some items that work well in a mix-and-match system.




1. a lightweight, not-denim jacket that you can throw on with jeans, or over a pretty dress. // Wearhouse via Debenhams

2. a black&white polka dot blouse- patterns liven up neutral separates, and black&white goes with just about everything. // Mink Pink via nastygal.com (sold out!)

3. a bright cardi in one of your favourite colours- I picked turquoise because I love wearing it with absolutely everything these days, so I know I'll like it with any of my travel outfits. // New Look

4. a long, pastel chiffon button down- can be worn tied over a dress, ticked into jeans, or belted over leggings as a tunic. pick a not-quite neutral pastel. // American Apparel

5. a black cardigan- this one is self explanatory. // H&M

6. a denim jacket- cute and casual for sightseeing, great for all types of weather! // New Look

7. a pretty, feminine top in a neutral colour- try not to only bring black as your neutral. this top is sweet and pretty, and more "spring" than a black one. // Modcloth

8. an embroidered tunic/mini dress- the embroidery makes it interesting without the limitations of an all-over print. can be worn with jeans for a bohemian look, or leggings when it's warm.  // Modcloth

9. a floral corset top- sexy & stylish, and great for layering. // Topshop

10. an irresistibly cute sundress- this one has a retro village print. need I say more? // Oasis

11. a white dress- becomes a completely different outfit when you change or add accessories. I picked a maxi dress because it can be both beachy & semi-formal, and this one has a beautiful lace back. // Topshop

12. a fun maxi dress- for hot days that you don't feel like shaving your legs. :) // Modcloth

13. a neon skirt- a bright colour will liven up the neutrals in your suitcase, and is more easily mixed-and-matched than you might think. // Modcloth

14. a neutral midi skirt- yes, more neutrals, but this skirt lets your top and accessories do the talking. the length means you won't have to worry about rising hemlines or sitting positions all day. easy peasy. // American Apparel

15. a pair of jeans- I like distressed denim for spring/summer because it's casual and cool. // New Look

16. a sweet, simple dress- easy throw-on-and-go outfit, and can be worn as is, or layered with other separates. // H&M

17. pale pink ballet flats- pretty & comfortable. the pink is girly but almost works as a neutral with the rest of the wardrobe. // Jeffrey Campbell

18. Toms have got to be the best travel shoes of all time. so comfy for when you're on your feet all day. // Toms

19. white crocheted Toms- a little sweetness when you need comfort and your regular Toms don't really go. // Toms

20. black leggings- great for layering with dresses or tunics, and are cool enough to wear on hotter days when tights are too much. // just about anywhere


a holiday wardrobe like this has endless possibilities! almost every item can be worn with every other one, which is a life saver when you need to fit as much into a carry-on as possible. you could definitely get away with even fewer than 20 items if you want to wear the same outfit twice (or more). the best part about all these things is they're mostly lightweight, small items, so it's a great use of space. 

here are some of my favourite outfit combos from the list above, just as examples:







I hope this inspires you to be a more efficient holiday packer! more importantly.. I hope it inspires me. :) 
happy travels / travel planning! 

playing: plan your escape- hey rosetta!

2 comments:

Ioana-Carmen said...

Beautiful!
Enjoy, and feel free to visit me. I hope you will consider of following each other! What do you think?

KISSEEEEES

FashionSpot.ro

amberly said...

Ahh I am definitely keeping this for my next packing adventure! I always, ALWAYS forget something or pack stupidly, and your list is amazing! I always pack in my mind first, too :) Safe travels love!

I've been without internet in my apartment and I'm actually at my boyfriend's campus now, but I promise to email you soon! <3