I can be your hero

most of the past couple days my efforts on productivity look something like this:

(note: this is not my kitty. but I am her auntie Sarah and I love her.)

because kitty snuggles and cozy sweaters win over make-up and going outside. every time. 

when I'm not looking like a haggard cat lady, my wardrobe of choice obviously includes an Iron Man mask.


these costumes were for a super hero-themed party over the weekend. I quickly nixed the idea of going as an actual female and chose instead to pay homage to my favourite sexy metal man. of course I'm never into just buying a costume- where's the adventure in that?- so I got a couple key pieces from my friendly neighbourhood American Apparel that I could wear again. 
add one hap-hazard gold ribbon belt and a dollar store punch light, and voila! 
I am Iron Man.


just a lucky break that my friend had ideal Iron Man rubber boots. 

(these pictures aren't the greatest quality, but I think they're funny! and it goes to show that you can usually make a last-minute costume out of things you already own.)

I'm about to pass out again from extreme sleepiness, but first I do have 11 questions to post for the Leibster Blog award. I don't really want to "tag" any specific bloggers to receive the award or answer the questions, but anyone who likes these things is welcome to it! don't forget to list 11 facts about yourself. :)

here are my questions:

1. what is your oldest childhood memory?
2. who is your favourite super hero?
3. what is your favourite board game?
4. what was the last book you read, and what did you think of it?
5. who is your fashion icon?
6. what is your guilty pleasure food?
7. what is your favourite mythological creature?
8. what do you like in your coffee?
9. if you could take on the attributes of one animal, which animal would you choose?
10. what is your favourite tv show?
11. if you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?

fun fun fun!
ok guys, I'm still loopy, so I think I'll call it a day for now. keep it real, homies. 
happy weekend!

2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

What a wonderful blog! And an adorable neice kitty

Anonymous said...

i don't know if i am meant to post it here, but i just thought this was so much fun - it's like the e-mails we had gotten to our hotmail accounts, except these are written in the good kinda english :)
1. what is your oldest childhood memory?
saying goodbye to my first ever best friend. i was 3. i was in his kitchen and he gave me a doll.
2. who is your favourite super hero?
does pocahontas count?
3. what is your favourite board game?
trouble. i always win.
4. what was the last book you read, and what did you think of it?
in one person by john irving. his ability to create an always engaging storyline that is still perfectly artistic never ceases to amaze me.
5. who is your fashion icon?
zoey deschanel's character on new girl.
6. what is your guilty pleasure food?
sugar icing. i mix it up sometimes, with no actual baking in mind, and eat it by the bowl full.
7. what is your favourite mythological creature?
the minotaur. only because when i first started teaching, this was the first thing i taught to my students. i'm not much of a mythological kinda gal.
8. what do you like in your coffee?
proper espresso. i've learned since moving to the southern hemisphere how the northern hemisphere's idea of coffee is laughable.
9. if you could take on the attributes of one animal, which animal would you choose?
i'd be a cat because every day that i leave for work and i watch my cat just lying there, i get to jealous of how relaxed she gets to be, every day.
10. what is your favourite tv show?
mad men. there are other shows i enjoy watching quite a bit, but this is the only show to interest me on an artistic/intelligent level as this one does. i've never cared so much of character development on a tv show.
11. if you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
antartica.