someplace new

guys, we made it!
well, we kind of made it six days ago... but it's been a crazy week, ok? we live in New York now!

Brando, Ninja, and I arrived exhausted and relieved last monday night, and we've been on the move ever since. scoping out apartments, exploring Brooklyn, making sure everything's set for Brandon to start work. basically gettin' stuff done

since we are probably going to be here for a while, I'm not in any rush to take in all the sights right away and I've been leaving the camera behind a lot. but I obviously couldn't resist a few snaps of our new stomping ground (Brooklyn!) and of our errand trip into lower Manhattan. 

highlights include walking downtown BK, my first Cuban sandwich, and blossoming trees in Herald Square. 

more photos after the jump! click below...

(I thought this guy was yelling at me to get out of the way... turns out he just wanted to be in the picture with me. New Yorkers are great.)
dress- Modcloth (old) // jacket- thrifted // bag- gift // boots- Aldo

I went for a little bit of a mini outfit post before we headed into Macy's. Brandon said he felt too much pressure because of all the people around, haha. so I guess we'll have to work on that. 

it's been a whirlwind week so far and it shows no sign of letting up. we're staying at a hotel in Queens till we can move into our apartment, so travel/commute is eating up most of our time right now. but at least we're getting used to the trains! and I'm excited to explore more and do a couple "touristy" things in the next few days as we settle in. 

it's amazing how it still does not feel real. 

1 comment:

Jen Hsieh said...

Welcome to the city, you two! Good luck finding your apartment and hopefully you'll be nicely settled in soon. :)

And taking pictures in crowds is definitely a challenge. I always try looking for empty streets, although those are hard to come by. You get over the amount of people walking by over time!