a solar system that fits in your eye

well I guess that's yet another weekend disappeared into oblivion. wooosh.
I swear, if I stopped to think about how terrifyingly fast this year is going by, I'd be an emotional wreck. I mean, more than I already am about life in general... do you ever feel keenly and freakishly aware of the absurdity of time and the shortness of life?
cause I do, and that shiz is not for the faint of heart.

but, instead of slipping into an existential exploration of the chaos of the universe, let's talk about pretty clothes!
segues, who needs 'em!

lavenders_1
lavenders_3
lavenders_2
lavenders_5
lavenders_6
skirt- Zara // top + earrings- gift // bag- vintage // shoes- Modcloth // 

this lilac-hued skirt was the first purchase in my ongoing quest to have more midi skirts. it's the perfect shape and length- not to flimsy, not too poofy- , the colour is delightful, and it has pockets. it was on mega-sale at Zara, and I was so excited! the one flaw? it's linen. 
what? who even wears pure linen anymore? that stuff wrinkles if you breathe at it. 
so goes the price for the perfect shade of lilac.

lavenders_4
lavenders_7

I was feeling sick and kind of blue all weekend, which probably contributed to the moody contemplation of the passage of time. I feel like I didn't get to do anything, fun or otherwise, so they were kind of wasted days. and nothing feels worse than wasting time when I could be out enjoying life in this big, beautiful city!

but illness will have its day, and lucky for me its day was just after I got the chance to go to the Brooklyn Flea (yet again) and walk around Fort Greene. I got hot sauce and a spiffy new purse! so the weekend wasn't a total bust.

so, happy Monday! here's hoping that time is miraculously slowed and causes next weekend to last much longer. 
xo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the passage of time. Is it bad that I feel like the week is practically over when it hits Tuesday? I thought time was supposed to slow down once I came home. Weird.

Pretty outfit though! And I like the previous outfit post too.

<3