pour my life into a paper cup



got my camera back!

yesterday, actually, but it was a miserable rainy day so I took photos inside...and they didn't really turn out. this is the only one that was ok. but I loved the outfit, so I had to post something!


sweater- Smart Set
shirt- H&M
skirt- Modcloth
boots- Forever 21

for today's photos I kinda forgot to take the setting off "tungsten light" so it looks like I came out of a Twilight movie or something. I mean, I'm guessing...I've never actually seen one...














dress- rubber duckie, fr. Envy
cardigan- Modcloth
tights- H&M
belt- Bizou
boots- fr. Marcella of Fashion Distraction

how cute are those fringe booties? pretty darn cute, says I. I stumbled across Marcella's blog through Weardrobe and noticed she had some pretty great things in her blog shop. I couldn't resist these babies. 

AND I applied for a job and a pretty classy shoe store today and the girls working said they loved my shoes. I'm taking that as a good sign. 

...not the having-to-apply-at-a-shoe-store part. the loving-my-shoes part. ideally it would be a journalism job and they would love my writing, but this is kind of the equivalent on a lower, slightly less career path beneficial, level. 

I'm crossing my fingers for life. 
...that's for LIFE. not for all of my life long.

yeahhh. good to be back!

playing: HIMYM

5 comments:

Janessa said...

the boots are really awesome indeed!

Jen Hsieh said...

i'm loving how you wore everything in that first outfit! and the lighting in the most recent pictures definitely looks like you stepped out of the twilight movie (not like i watched that either...) :P

hope you get the job at the shoe store! you'll have no trouble getting it considering your taste in shoes :)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Super cute outfit. The compliment from the girls at the store definitely sounds good!

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

I LOVE your skirt in the first photo - I was thinking about getting it! So pretty.

Kyla said...

I'm dying over that dress and how you styled it! It's a great homage to A McQueen, no?