something for nothing

this weekend involved a whole lotta nothing!

we're trying to save whatever money we can and get things done around the apartment, so there's not a lot of adventuring going on lately. I was really hoping to get a nice post up over the weekend, maybe some nice photos, but things didn't really pan out. the weather's been pretty rubbish and I'm not feeling very inspired. so I apologize if the posting has been a little lacklustre!


even though it might not translate to the pictures, I really do love this outfit! my parents gave me this amazing modcloth dress last Christmas, and I break it out whatever slightly-fancy occasion I get. this has apparently grown to include lazy sundays and chicken burger dinners. 

anyways, it's got the cutest Eiffel tower print and a perfect retro silhouette. and it's also rather wrinkly from wear... sigh. I'll have to feature it again sometime with better lighting and after a good ironing! 

dress- modcloth (gift) // cardigan- kensie, via envy // belt- new look, off a dress // 
tights- american apparel // shoes- primark

hopefully this week I'll have more luck with the creative process! anybody have fun shoot ideas I can borrow? haha I'm pretty much out. 

hope your weekend was lovely! 
cheers.

playing: wish you were here- incubus

6 comments:

Maria- CityLaundry said...

those shoes! i'm in love!
and the print on that dress is too cute!
xx

www.citylaundry.blogspot.com

Girl Lilikoi said...

I love the color of your dress. The way you mix it with that vivid cardi and belt is tres chic. Love modcloth!

Xx

www.girllilikoi.com

Unknown said...

love how the red cardigan stands out in these photos!

Betsy said...

What an adorable print! I love how sweet your photos are... Keep up the good work.

Crystal Haines said...

love the belted cardigan look!! <3

Unknown said...

This is so so pretty! The colors are great and I love the short sleeved cardigan belted over your dress.