good morning, star shine

funny story- a year ago today I was being detained in Heathrow airport. not exactly the best day of my life. probably one of the worst, actually. but that wasn't even the most significant thing that happened to me that week!

March 26, 2011. a crazy morning to start a crazy day and a crazy week.

I can't begin to describe how I felt waking up in the hotel with my family. I was so nervous I thought I was going to puke, haha. I feel like the whole morning was a blur, which is kind of unfortunate because I wanted to enjoy every single moment of it with my girl friends and family.

thankfully I had amazing photographers to capture a few moments to remind me just how lucky I am to have such fantastic people in my life!

here are some photos of Brando and I getting ready for our big day.

*all photos by Adam & Andrew via W. Scott Chester Photography. check out their website, these guys are incredible!



the night before the wedding my family and I stayed at the Winterholme heritage inn, which is also where all the girls got ready. the boys made a stopover cause me and Brando wanted to do the whole meet-up-before-the-church thing (I assumed that would help calm my inevitable nerves), but people convinced us at the last minute to go the more traditional route. but I digress... the Winterholme is absolutely beautiful and I can't think of a better place to start off the biggest day of your life. 

except maybe the New York Plaza hotel. or on a yacht in the middle of the ocean. or the Tardis... but I mean, the Winterholme was pretty awesome. 

anyways! next up, photos from the ceremony + reception. stay tuned! 

4 comments:

Hattitude said...

Hattitude Style Blog

i loooooove your dress and hair clip! gosh you look stunning, and what an atmosphere to get married in!

i looove your little clutch with the deer? on it! soooo precious. ah wouldn't it be fun to get married every year? haha especially with RUche's new look book out for weddings!

talk soon wild child
-Hattie
Hattitude Style Blog

amberly said...

oh my GOD! These photos are absolutely stunning, Sarah! Your dress is gorgeous, I would say it is one of my dream dresses! and Brando looks so handsome!

Gorgeous, I only hope I can have photos like this on my big day...

And I'm so sorry you have such bad association with March 26! It makes for quite the story but you have years and years to make new memories on that day :)

Can't wait to see more! Cause I can't stop staring at these.... <3

Kyla said...

Your photos are GORGEOUS! And that dress is TO DIE FOR!!!

Unknown said...

Your wedding pictures are beautiful! I love them. They turned out so nicely. You look gorgeous too!