gimme gimme gimme!

sometimes, time does this thing where it feels like it isn't moving at all. and then BAM. a year's gone by. what's the deal, time? trying to enjoy my life, here...

my birthday is exactly two weeks from today. it's hard to believe that any birthday celebrations could top last year's, but I think if anything can compete it's New York City. 

as usual my birthday wish list is super long, since moving to a new country and not having a job kind of restricts one's shopping habits... but it's more of a "collage of visual ideas" than a concrete list. I'm not super materialistic, I swear. 

1. a new bag. all of my current handbags are black or furry, which doesn't really work for summer. I want candy hues and girly details! love chain link straps & roomy hobo bags. // all from Modcloth.


2. beauty products. it's really hard to keep up a good beauty regimen when you're broke... these are some products I've got my eye on right now. Herbivore Botanicals ultimate skin care set // Glamglow Supermud // Sephora's brush wand // Bumble & Bumble


3. pretty summer dresses. no wish list of mine would be complete without several to-die-for frocks. clockwise from left: Very Vintage Store // Modcloth // Very Vintage Store // Modcloth // Hollie Point 


4. stuff for the home. our apartment is coming along nicely, but it's still a work in progress. we could use a few more personal touches and useful accessories. photo hanging- Modcloth // cook book- Modcloth // mug- Urban Outfitters // rug- Modcloth


5. spring separates. my shopping problem is not exclusive to dresses; I love all clothing equally. clockwise from left: Tavern Tour shorts in black // Market Meet-Up top in magenta // No Time Like Meow jumper // Jersey Pocket Skirt in orchid // Anthropologie Mesh Dottie Top // Breathtaking Tiger Lilies skirt in mustard // 


6. fun & functional outerwear. it's no secret I want these boots; I think I've included one or both pairs in every wish list and collage I've made for the past six months. the trench, however, is new to my list, and I am very smitten. it's perfect for cooler spring days or the occasional rainy evening. cognac buckled ankle boots- Seychelles via Zappos // crocheted Beau boot- Free People // soft trench coat- Zara.


and of course there's also everything on this list and the million things from my "friday favorites" posts. you see, I'm clearly very easy to shop for if you know me but at all. or if you read my blog.

I probably won't actually get something from my list, but it's fun to make one anyways. birthdays are great! I'm just excited to have a whole day doing whatever I want! so far my ideas are; going out for brunch, shopping in SoHo (there's a tour!), a visit to Central Park, a Broadway show, then fancy dinner in Manhattan. I think that day would probably beat out presents. 

No comments: