I have you to thank

happy thanksgiving!

I think Canadian thanksgiving trumps the American one because of timing. reasons are threefold; we know how to better distribute our turkey consumption, we spread out our days off, and we don't distract from the Christmas holiday season.
it's just my opinion. ...I would like a parade, though. they have one-upped us on the over doing it part.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm thankful for Canada, among many other things.
on a serious note, I've been pretty lucky in life so far. I have everything I could ask for, really. sometimes I like to complain about school, or being lonely in Halifax, or whatever. but at least I can go to school, and I have friends and family at home, and Brandon here, and my life has been fairly free of death and trauma. so that's what I'm thankful for.

that's just a short summary of the list that was too long for a thanksgiving post. :o)

unfortunately, while I am lucky, I was not lucky enough to get home to my mom's amazing cooking for thanksgiving dinner. but Brandon and I went to my aunt's and had dinner with her family. this is what I wore.


dress- vintage, fr. billiegoatvintage on etsy. 
necklace- gift 
tights- primark
shoes- trifted, value village

this dress reminds me of strawberries. and subsequently, the song White Winter Hymnal by fleet foxes. "red as strawberries in the summertime." if you haven't heard the song, you should. it's sweet.

know what else is sweet?
a day off. yesss.
till tomorrow!

No comments: