on the radio-oh-oh

it's been an interesting day. I did my first live broadcast for radio. it was nerve racking and I thought I was gonna puke. but, one I got started, it was kind of fun! and I'm kind of old-fashioned in that I still feel that being on the radio is impressive, even if virtually no one was listening.

I did find out, though, that talking is more difficult than I thought. I don't think I have a very viable radio voice. it's hard not to sound like you're reading a book, or keep from being monotone. and the radio tech over the last couple of days has been commenting on my "accent."
that's in quotations because I obviously was unaware I have an accent since to me, I don't sound like a typical newfie. and I can say that because I grew up around the bay and I can easily revert back to that way of speaking for a larf or when I'm with family. but I can't hear the things they- mainlanders- hear in my voice.
once he mentioned it though, I understood what he was saying and, honestly, was kind of happy. I like sounding like the place I came from. I know everyone thinks they don't have an accent, but everyone DOES. I think it's interesting that we always think of, say, Americans as having no accents, and the British having one. but really, the Americans have one too- it's not an absence of an accent, it's just a different one that we're more exposed to.
anyways. it did make me feel a little nervous going into a live radio show, but whatever. if my talents aren't with radio, so be it. that was never the plan.
although I must say I enjoyed it more than I expected. :o)

also, got a new rolling stone in the mail! so I guess you could say a good mood prevailed today.
which is why my outfit photo is me jumping on the bed. shh, don't tell my mom. I had my shoes on.
I was trying to jump on one foot so you could see my shoes.. hence the odd stance in the first picture. and you get a special bonus picture, because even though it's blurry and my face is hilarious, it's kinda cool.

I felt like I had a bit of a 70s vibe going on, with the print dress, boyish hair, and peace-sign earrings (which you can't see, unfortunately).





dress- forever21
tights- charlotte russe
boots- spring
pashmina- London street vendor

also, I'm simplifying my outfit details list, haha. hope no one is thrown off by the insignificant change to my insignificant blog. ;o)
time for bed!
until next time- same bat-time, same bat-channel.

1 comment:

Cookie said...

I wish I had the guts to wear those colourcombination! :D