walking with a ghost

well, yesterday might go on record as the official gloomiest day in Aberdeen yet. not a particularly bad day. but this heavy, sad fog completely drowned the city centre, so energy and motivation was at an all-time low. I had the day off and spent most of it snuggled on the couch watching Friends.


I managed to get overdressed for a trip to the grocery store and even that was physically exhausting. funny what weather can do to your mood!  

that's not to say it wasn't a perfectly lovely day- sometimes a little gloominess is relaxing! when hubs got home we walked around in the fog a little and got a few pictures. the streets were pretty dead, and with all the atmospheric mist and such the whole thing had a fairly ghost-town vibe. it even kind of shows in the photos a little; they're a little dim and misty themselves. 

dress + blazer- vintage fr. etsy // shoes- walmart

I wore another beauty find from Gogo Vintage. I absolutely adore this shop. (I've got my eye on another gorgeous dress, but I'll have to resist a while longer!) this dress is so classic and sweet. I couldn't resist the little daisy-shaped buttons and matching belt! I think I may want to get the top taken in a little so it's not so granny chic (mostly the shoulders are really baggy), but for now it's lovely the way it is. 

as for the rest of the look, well, it was all kind of thrown together in my I-now-hate-all-of-my-shoes panic. I'm having a shoe crisis in which I end up changing outfits an average of three times before I leave the house because none of my shoes "go." I know, it's madness. I have too many shoes. but I also have too many uncomfortable shoes, and that is no longer acceptable. unfortunately that means these babies probably won't be around much longer. 

why aren't there more ridiculously cute flats?
ugh, my life! 
;)


playing: call me maybe- Carly Rae Jepson (it's Brandon's fault!!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Call me maybe is a fantastic song and you know it

Unknown said...

Those floral shoes are so much fun! I'm loving the touch of pattern they add to this outfit. The color of your dress is gorgeous too and it looks fantastic on you.

Unknown said...

aw you are so cute. love the photos. i agree with you completely about the weather. gloomy weather just makes me want to curl up with a cup of tea and watch tv on the sofa or read a book. glad you were able to get out to do some grocery shopping and take some photos though! lovely blog, dear! glad i stopped by. if you have a moment, check mine out: http://www.loveforschoolgirl.net/ and follow if you like it! have a wonderful day!

xx rae

Jen Hsieh said...

You look gorgeous in these pictures! That vintage dress is definitely an awesome find - I'm gonna have to check out that shop!

And there's nothing better than watching Friends all day. Nothing. :)