you've lost that loving feeling

I'm sure every self-proclaimed clotheshorse has those moments where she looks into her closet and thinks she has nothing to wear. well, I had several such moments this week- admittedly due in part to bad moods and general icky-ness- when I wondered how I ended up with so many completely useless and unwearable things. of course those moments were just in passing crankiness or frustration, but it is about the point in the season when I start wanting a little shift in my wardrobe; from sundresses to sweater dresses, from ballerinas to booties, from daisy yellow to mustard yellow. sometimes I spend so much time trying to transition last season's pieces that I forget to enjoy those meant for the new season!

in the spirit of inspiration and, well...greed, I've taken it upon myself to make a little Fall/Winter wardrobe wish list!
well, it's more like a rather large wish list than a little one, but variety is the spice of life, after all. 
what do you feel is lacking in your sartorial life this autumn?


1, 3, 4, 8, 14, & 17. anything plaid! dresses, shirts, skirts, whatever. plaid in deep, rich colours makes the perfect fall and winter wardrobe. //in order: Well I'll Be Darling dress, Patterned Cotton shirtLuck Be a Lady dress in green plaid, Day Trip Delight dress in Sunset, Secret Lake vintage dressPlaid Flannel shirt.
2 & 12. a snappy blazer. I love this gorgeous burgundy velvet, and I'm dying for a white cropped jacket with black trim; I can't find one anywhere! this one is all sold out. //Fine & Sandy Blazer, Target.
5 & 9. a boho cardigan. something cozy and flowy in a fun, rustic pattern. they look so adorable worn with long dresses and floppy hats! //From Top to Autumn Sweater, Essence of Sedona Cardigan.
6 & 13. a yellow dress. I've come to notice lately that my closet is lacking in happy mustard hues, and it's such a lovely colour for autumn. I've had my eye on this beautiful Emily & Fin polka dot number forever. //Too Much Fun dress in Honey Creme, Confident About Your Charm dress. 
7 & 15. neutral-yet-pretty skirts. a tulle skirt is fun and playful, but in navy it's not too kitschy. and this cocoa-powder midi skirt is a great basic. //Custom by Misdress, Crinkled Midi skirt.
10, 16, & 18. lace-up boots. in versatile black, heeled emerald green, and knee-high cognac. the perfect cool weather footwear! //Into the Night boot, Follow the Cedar boot, Step it Upright bootie.
11. a pretty floral blouse. just for good measure. :) //H&M cotton shirt.

No comments: